Jamie Stewart LL. B., LL.M. (Cantab.)
With over 23 years of legal experience and performance in Alberta (1991) and British Columbia (1997), Jamie Stewart delivers excellence, integrity, and results. Specializing in residential, recreational and commercial real estate conveyancing, business law and wills, estates and wealth management, Jamie has raised the standard of comprehensive service in these very personal and dynamic aspects of life.
He has owned and operated his firm from 1998 – 2003. Later, he practiced with McLeod Law LLP in Calgary as an associate from 2003 to 2006 and as a partner from 2006 to 2013. He has resumed firm ownership with his own full-time practice in Canmore and part-time services in Calgary. In all, Jamie has executed over 4,000 real estate files over the course of his career. His trusted advice, personable demeanor and focus on efficiency mean each Client receives unparalleled results.
Jamie has also taken his intellectual capital to the classroom, having taught the bar admission course for Alberta for several years. He has been an instructor of the Canadian Bar Associations real estate subsection for many years and served as Chair of the subsection for two years. Jamie is also proud to have served as the Alberta Law Society Appointee to the Real Estate Advisory Committee for three years.
Jamie Stewart’s Contribution to the Legal Profession & Scholarship:
• Member of the Alberta bar since 1991, practicing real estate conveyancing
• Member of the Alberta Civil Trial Lawyers Association 1992 – 1996
• Member of the Alberta Mediation and Arbitration Society 1993 – 1996
• Member of the BC Bar since 1997, active practice of BC real estate conveyancing
• Member of The Canadian Bar Association since 1991
• Legislative review and case-law research for the Real Estate Canadian Bar Association
sub-section 2001 – 2003, Executive Member
• Secretary of the Real Estate Canadian Bar Association sub-section 2003 – 2005, Executive Member
• Classroom Instructor/Lecturer for the Legal Education Society of Alberta Bar Admission course, Real Estate 2002 – 2006
• Vice-Chair of the real estate Canadian Bar Association sub-section 2005 – 2007, Executive Member
• Guest Lecturer/Speaker at the 39th Banff Refresher Course 2007, published work “A Practical Guide to Mortgage Assumptions and Due-On-Sale Clauses”
• Chair of the Real Estate Canadian Bar Association sub-section 2007 – 2009, Executive Member
• Mentor for the members of the Law Society of Alberta in matters of Real Estate and Western Torrens Protocol, 2006 – present
• Past-Chair, and member-at-large, of the Real Estate Canadian Bar Association sub-section 2009 – 2012, Executive Member, Member of the executive committee for the sub-section concerning standards for Real Property Reports and Trust letter review
• Appointed by the Law Society of Alberta to the Real Estate Advisory Committee 2010
• Appointed to Government of Alberta Atla2-Spin 3 Working Committee member as Law Society of Alberta Stakeholder representative 2010 – present
• Classroom Instructor/Lecturer for the Legal Education Society of Alberta Bar Admission course, Real Estate 2012/2013
• Cambridge University, U.K. 1989 – 1990 Graduated LL.M. (Hons.) Commercial Arbitration and Restitution & Remedies, Sir Issac Wolfson College
• University of Wales, U.K. 1986 – 1989 Graduated LL.B. (Hons.)
• University of Alberta 1985 Graduated, B.A. (Econ.)
Jamie Stewart can be reached directly by phone at (403) 678-5823 Extension 21, or by email [email protected].